Photo

[NEWS] 141231 ▬ Jooyeon officially graduates from After School, to leave Pledis, + writes a letter to fans

10 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah~

Sarah~

This Love Is Infinite

• Graphic Artist
  • 568 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Favorite AS member:Nana

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

On December 31, Pledis Entertainment announced that Jooyeon would be officially leaving the agency and graduating from After School.

"Hello, this is Jooyeon.

I don't know what to say and how to say it.

I have graduated After School and I'm taking on a new challenge. I apologize to those who are very shocked by this news; I want to say something first.

It has been six years since I met you with After School. When I reflect, I think that there were many times when I laughed and many times when I cried. In one step, I was able to grow more and become strong. This new challenge makes my [heart] flutter [in anticipation], but I'm also afraid. Although I will not be able to be with my members, After School, and the beloved fans, I don't think of this as a farewell that lasts forever. To those who gave me this unforgettable time as a gift… I will carve each and every one of you on my heart and remember you forever.

I will show you a more developed image and I will make sure not to disappoint those who wait for me. I will show you a good image so please wait for me. Thank you."

Despite denying that Jooyeon would be leaving the agency or the group back on December 21, Pledis Entertainment informed fans that following the end of her contract, Jooyeon would be taking steps to graduate the girl group after all. 

Although Jooyeon is unfortunately leaving After School, it looks like she will still be continuing her career as a celebrity. Currently, Jooyeon is focusing on her 'Man From Earth' project, a theatrical interpretation of the Korean movie of the same name.

Jooyeon also wrote on her Instagram, "Eating room service food in China on New Years with the members. Happy, happy New Year."

Source: allkpop
shared by: Sarah~@as-afterparty

Got a news for us? Email us on: contact@as-afterparty.com
Or apply for our writers' team here!

Posted Image I rightfully own NANA's LEGS (&Myungsoo) :P

Posted Image
I'm in f l a s h b a c k
{dressing room}

#2 chiaro♥︎

chiaro♥︎

Waiting for A Comeback

• Global Moderator
  • 221 posts
  • Twitter:Chiaro1024

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:26 PM

So sad that our Jupal leaves but i hope we can see more of her in the future and I anticipate her next move. You go Jupal!

Posted Image

want to know more about me? read here!

#3 ramyun girl

ramyun girl

Lizzbian

• Seniors
  • 107 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Favorite AS member:Lizzy

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

it's sad to see her leaving the group :'( but i'll always support her no matter what

mir  lizzy  heojun  yeeun 

nunan_zpsnq8ooltn.gif

#4 arylx

arylx

Senior

• Seniors
  • 334 posts
  • Favorite AS member:Juyeon

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:19 AM

i hope to see more of her soon, probably as an actress/model...or she might just embark on a solo singer career.

i wonder...is there going to be some sort of graduation ceremony for jupal as well?

Posted Image I rightfully own JOOYEON lips.

#5 vitaamor

vitaamor

Junior

• Seniors
  • 209 posts
  • Favorite AS member:All

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:35 AM

when i first read d article.my first thought was jooee?back then uee d one that talked about graduating ,then bam!jupal graduated.r they gettin' married?(delusionsl jooee shipper)

#6 BangkokCity

BangkokCity

Novice

• Students
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

I'm so sad to see her leave :/ But I'm glad she gets to pursue other things and that she seems to be happy with the decision. Best of luck, Jupal <3

Posted Image

#7 Deadscream13

Deadscream13

Junior

• 214 posts
  • Twitter:Deadscream13
  • LocationUnited States
  • Favorite AS member:Lizzy

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

knew it would happen eventually but doesn't make me anymore prepared for it. will be sad to see her go. i worry about Afterschool alot. Popularity in Korea is definitely waning.

#8 moon88

moon88

OMNOMNOM?

• Global Moderator
  • 665 posts
  • Twitter:pm me & ask
  • Location갛쩡&온쩡팬픽국에
  • Favorite AS member:Kahi

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

I feel sad about Joo Yeon graduating but I'm excited about her future activities^^ Then I feel sad for Jung Ah and Ueeㅠㅠ They'll miss her so muchㅠㅠ

*in process of creating new siggy*

#9 CuriousD

CuriousD

Heavy Handed Writer

• Admin
  • 309 posts
  • LocationTotoro's Mysterious Forest
  • Favorite AS member:Bekah

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

knew it would happen eventually but doesn't make me anymore prepared for it. will be sad to see her go. i worry about Afterschool alot. Popularity in Korea is definitely waning.

Sadly, I have to agree here. They don't really seem to promote any of their artists except for OC more than once a year. When was the last time we heard anything about Son Dambi, even that wasn't music related? What about Nuest? I knew that either Joo or Uee would be next, and it's not all that surprising it was Joo when she only gets one line per song anymore. Sad to see her go, but hopefully her new agency will promote her well and she has continued success

Posted Image
She'll always be apart of After School and of my heart. Bekah, fighting!!

http://curiousd82.livejournal.com/

#10 kisslili

kisslili

Sophomore

• Seniors
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:kisslili
  • LocationFrance
  • Favorite AS member:Juyeon

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

I'm so sad but I prepared myself since a long time because it's the same concept as Morning Musume :/

I wish her sucesss and I hope to see her many as possile in her future activities ^^

#11 Kuromi

Kuromi

Novice

• Students
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

I miss her so much...But all girls have to graduate someday.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

@  Emperor Ryu : (22 April 2017 - 10:28 AM) https://www.instagra...kaaanngg/?hl=en
@  Emperor Ryu : (22 April 2017 - 10:29 AM) So far, there's no articles mentioning about her in a drama. At least that I could find on the net.
@  Emperor Ryu : (22 April 2017 - 10:30 AM) The last thing I heard from Kaeun was this pass February, when she did that photoshoot with Esquire Magazine.
@  Emperor Ryu : (22 April 2017 - 10:30 AM) She's so grown up and so hot looking these days. ^_^
@  Emperor Ryu : (22 April 2017 - 10:31 AM) Kahi is holding up pretty good on the new Produce 101 Season 2. <3
@  naomii : (03 May 2017 - 08:35 PM) perfume
@  chiaro♥︎ : (31 May 2017 - 05:30 PM) Guys, UEE graduated :(
@  kahidimples : (31 May 2017 - 05:40 PM) =(
@  kahidimples : (31 May 2017 - 05:42 PM) I'm pretty sure that she'll do fine with her acting career. Not sure about some of the other members though (minus Nana).
@  Emperor Ryu : (01 June 2017 - 02:06 PM) UEE!!! 8O
@  Emperor Ryu : (01 June 2017 - 02:07 PM) Seriously, After School needs a comeback, like ASAP! ^_^
@  Emperor Ryu : (01 June 2017 - 02:09 PM) Best wishes to Uee. She can release solo albums too. Do some emceeing here and there. ^_^
@  Emperor Ryu : (01 June 2017 - 02:09 PM) Isn't Nana still advocating for Orange Caramel comeback? ^_^
@  Emperor Ryu : (01 June 2017 - 02:10 PM) I so miss After School. -_-
@  chiaro♥︎ : (01 June 2017 - 02:56 PM) Orange Caramel will do well if they do another comeback... I'm worried for the others (except for Nana, Lizzy, and Raina)
@  Emperor Ryu : (07 June 2017 - 05:38 AM) I have yet to hear more updates from E-Young and Kaeun lately. I do hope they are doing alight.
@  Emperor Ryu : (07 June 2017 - 05:41 AM) https://www.instagra...oung0816/?hl=en
@  Emperor Ryu : (07 June 2017 - 05:41 AM) https://www.instagra...kaaanngg/?hl=en
@  Emperor Ryu : (30 July 2017 - 09:53 AM) Raina making a comeback!!!!!! YES!!! ^_^
@  Emperor Ryu : (30 July 2017 - 09:54 AM) We need an After School group comeback!!! <3

RaNia Nation - JACE Fanclub - Playgirlz World - Elite Rebels - Hello Venus International - Dorm 17
After School First Single - New School Girl After School 2nd Single Album After School 3rd Single Album - Bang! Orange Caramel 1st Mini Album (After School Global Unit) Orange Caramel Mini Album Vol. 2 Kahi Mini Album Vol. 1 Orange Caramel Single - Bangkok City After School Vol. 1 - Virgin A.S. BLUE Single Album Vol. 4 (BLUE) A.S. RED Single Album Vol. 4 (Red) Orange Caramel Single Album - Shanghai Romance Diva (Normal Edition)(Japan Version) Rambling girls / Because of you Playgirlz (Normal Edition)(Japan Version) Lady Luck / Dilly Dally (Japan Version) After School Maxi Single Album - Flashback Orange Caramel Vol. 1 - Lipstick